Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Joys of Black and White

I love the color of the bathroom tile with the red pants!

I found my cute brown leather shoes for three dollars and fifty cents at a secondhand store; they looked like they had never been worn before I bought them. Don't be afraid to buy "used" shoes. Often people will buy nice shoes for a special occasion and then give them to charity after wearing them one time because they never end up using them again. Of course, only buy new-looking shoes; if it looks worn it's not really a good deal for you or the health of your feet.

I love to wear black and white with a rich color, you just can't go wrong, especially if that color is red! I wore this outfit with my little faded denim jacket and a pearl bracelet for church today (with comfy leather flip flops; it was warm outside!). You can pair black and white with many different colors, so this look is a good bargain for your basics because you can wear it any time of the year.

This would be a great time to mention the benefits of cleaning out your closet every few months. I did this last school semester and I found this black and white shirt I had bought a couple years ago when I was applying for jobs. I thought it was boring at the time, but when fashion changed I rediscovered it and have been matching it with colorful pants and high-waist jeans. The best bargains are when you find new ways to wear the clothes you already own.








-Rachel <3









































No comments:

Post a Comment