Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Crazy Weekend, AKA the Helix Piercing Adventure

So, last week I took a break from posting blogs for the Fourth of July; I hope you all had a great week! I decided that for the rest of the summer I will only be posting a blog on Sundays, instead of doing both Sundays and Wednesdays. Working full time takes it out of you!


A Classy Helix Piercing

Yesterday I was very brave.
I made an appointment at Kenny Curtis and got my helix pierced!                                           
In case you didn't make the connection with the picture, this is the upper part of the ear. To keep it classy I'm going to have a single helix piercing in my right ear, and I chose a tiny sparkly earring so it matches all my outfits while I wait for my ear to heal.

What does this have to do with saving money? Well, I decided to go to a professional because cartilage piercings are harder to do (piercing guns are bad for the cartilage area, so Claire's was out of the question). I paid a little more money to have it done right so I wouldn't have wasted the money in the first place. It was only thirty dollars at Kenny Curtis (located in Marina), and that included the earring as well.

I've been wanting a helix piercing for a while now; I waited a long time to make sure it was something I really wanted. I think Rosie Huntington-Whiteley inspired me with all those cute cartilage earrings in Transformers 3. My fun, quirky, older swing-dance teacher has one too; I think I figured if she had one I could be brave and get one too. 

Yes, I almost passed out afterwards from shock, but they had a padded bench for me to lie down on and lots of cold water to drink, thank goodness. Also, if you're going to get your cartilage pierced, take someone with you who can drive you home because you probably won't feel up to driving. I sure didn't. My dad came with me and I felt a lot more comfortable with the whole experience. I almost went by myself, bad idea!

The actual piercing of the ear didn't hurt very much, and it only aches a little bit right now. The woman who pierced my ear was great (her name is Devin); she made sure I knew exactly where I wanted the earring to go, and she gave me lots of good advice on how to clean the piercing (apparently rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide create scars!). I am extremely happy with my piercing and I do not regret it one bit. I am excited to find pretty earrings for my piercing after it heals!



(Images found on Google)
                                                                       




~Rachel 

                                                                     
                                                                         

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment