Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Outfit #4

I was in the mood to wear polka-dots last weekend, so my Dad was very sweet and took pictures of this outfit for me. He usually makes me laugh too much, but thankfully we got some fun snapshots! I'm also very proud to have created a decent London bun for the first time.

If you are going to wear something very feminine, you might want to pair it with something masculine for an interesting contrast. For example, my ridiculous, ruffly polka-dotted skirt with black boots and a denim jacket. I'm not always in the mood to do this, but if I want to add a little attitude to a dress or skirt I usually reach for my comfortable black boots and black tights.

This outfit works because my tights and boots are the same color. This makes my legs look longer, and provides a clean-looking foundation for the rest of my outfit to rest on. If my stockings were a different color it's possible the outfit would look a little messy. You don't always have to follow this rule, but it's a safe way to go if you want a fail-proof outfit.


The teal scarf adds a fun dash of color, draws attention to my face, and takes the outfit from good to great.                                                                        

Have a fabulous day!
                                                           
                                                                                          ~Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment