Sunday, June 24, 2012

Black Blazer


 This is the blazer I mentioned in a previous post. I tweaked it to make it fun to wear. I rolled up the sleeves and added a feather brooch for a little pizzazz. The great thing about owning a black or grey blazer is that you can wear it with almost anything because it is a classic. This, of course, goes for men as well.

The jacket and white shirt bring the dusty pink pants down to earth. For the shoe interview, my friend Jessica wore a black jacket, a black tank top, and red pants for a fun color blocking example (see here). You have to be careful about the color you choose for your shirt. Since your pants are a bright color, choose a neutral color for the shirt if you want to be sure to get it right (white works every time!). I love wearing a black blazer with colorful pants for a modern twist.

I found my pants and feather brooch on sale at my favorite place in Old Town Salinas, Bliss Boutique (Bliss Facebook page). If you like their page on Facebook you can be updated about their sales and new items.

My shoes are silver. Did you know that metallic is now considered a neutral? This means you don't have to wait until it's dark to pull out a gold purse or a silver pair of shoes.



~Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment